Tuesday 29 June 2010

Real Wedding: Lucy & Paul

Don't hate me, but I spent yesterday by the sea-side. Yes, I know it was a Monday, but we were lucky to have the day off, so we sunbathed on Sandbanks Beach - bliss! So with memories of the sea, it's not surprising that this gorgeous Brighton Marina wedding caught my eye. Lucy and Paul celebrated their big day with the scent of salt in the air, at The Seattle Hotel, which made for some super-glam photographs with yachts in the sunny background. They kept with the kiss-me-quick theme, choosing a Punch and Judy show to entertain the younger guests, and a cool Modish scooter as their wedding transport. Lucy looked fresh and funky in her gorgeous Cymbeline Paris gown, and simple silk-edged veil. My favourite detail has to be the luxurious pink tea roses Lucy chose for her signature flower. They're exquisite, and set off the colouring beautifully. These stunning pics are by Brighton-based photographer Lisa Devlin, don't miss her website. Also, scroll down for a message from the bride about how she planned her Big Day.


Message from the bride: “We chose The Seattle as the venue for both the ceremony and reception as it had a great trendy low key vibe and the added bonus of the balcony making you feel like you on holiday in some glamourous resort. We looked at loads of other places but only the Seattle seemed to fit our personalities and style. Our flowers were by Pollen. Donal did an amazing job for our budget and I just loved them. He came over to our house and was so enthusiastic when I showed him my stash of pictures and then a photo of some Illusion Roses from a book he got really excited and just ran with the idea - he told me it would be beautiful and he was right.

My Big Tips: Enjoy the planning and accept you can't have everything you want. Nude seamless underwear is best, keep the lacey basque type stuff for the honeymoon! Get a good photographer - there is nothing nicer than looking back over your photos to give you a lift. The day goes by in a bit of a blur so it's good to remember. We really wanted to give everyone a good time so spent the bulk of our budget on good food, good wine and good entertainment. Friends and family still talk about it now so we know we chose well. Being the centre of attention isn't for everyone and at times I wanted to put my fingers in my ears and pretend my name wasn't Lucy. So take time out for a kiss with your husband or quick breather with your mates.

Make-up: Sylvi du Sauzay, Suits: Del Tailors, Rings: John Harrington, Cake: Louby Lous, Childrens' Entertainer: Mark Wild, Music: Imagine The Beatles

If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS and click here for more real weddings.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers - many thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...